Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Card With Canvas

Good morning all.  
Yesterday I have not told you that now I finally have a big shot machine.  
Previously I had a Spellbinder Wizard, only lasted a year, my wizard now broken so I bought the big shot. I think Bigshot more powerful than the wizard, and more convenient to use than the wizard.

Yesterday I made two cards, but I will post the one later.

 Supplies :
Cardstock :Local paper
Pattern paper : Pink Paislee
Canvas,pearl,charm : Buy at Local Market
Images : Pink Paislee
Sentiment : G Design
Coloring : Faber Castel Watercolor pencils, Distress Ink
Ink : Memento, Versafine, Ranger Archival Ink
Mask : The Crafters Workshop "Punchinella" Stencil, Tim Holtz
Glossy Accent : Ranger
Puncher : Martha Stewart
Tool : Sponge

This card is to enter Case Study Challenge that the theme is Think Out of The Box.
What does it mean? They encourage us to try something new, whether it's a style that's different to ours, a new technique that we've been itching to try, perhaps a type of project that we never tackled before. They dare you to CHALLENGE yourselves! The possibilities are endless :)
What's the new on this card? Well, this is the first time I have distressing and masking over white gesso coated canvas.
 I made the background using the Crafter Workshop Stencil on the canvas. Then by using a masking technique I give the distress ink over the stencil using a sponge, and I stamped the image on canvas using archival Ink.
This card also to follow the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge that the theme is Favorite Technique. And my favorite technique is masking.

The bird image is covered by glossy accent


Ok I think enough for today, thanks for looking :)

7 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

I am in love with your card! The colours are so vibrant and your sponging and stamping on the canvas just perfect!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Your card turned out fantastic, especially the masking/sponging - it's flawless and look just amazing... Thanks for joining us for the CASE Study anniversary celebrations! xxx

Candy C said...

Ayu...Your card is beautiful. I love all of the colors and layering you've done. Your masking looks fantastic! Beautifully done over the gesso canvas. I also love your die cut trims and sweet little bird. Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Jean Martin said...

Oh wow! LOVIN' the texture! Thanks for joining us over at CASE Study Challenge! :)

maria mcclure said...

so beautiful!

Suzanne Russell said...

Love your style! The canvas, fussy cutting, gesso, all foreign matters to me. Congrats on the recognition at CSC!

SUSAN said...

Selamat untu BS barunya ya Ayu....
dan ini kartu yang cakep....

hugs